Inflation is up and the economy is down. Thankfully Narberthians have resources at hand to help with penny pinching.
- Free Compost - All of the brush we collect in those brown paper bags is mulched by Lower Merion township. Narberth and LM residents. Why pay for mulch?
- Reduce. Reuse. Recycle - We pay about 4 cents per pound to haul away our regular trash pickup. Our recycling diversion rate is only 26% compared with the state average 36%. Reduction of waste and improved recycling, if supported by all, could save you more than $50/year on your taxes.
- Inter Library Loan - Your Narberth Library Card is a powerful tool. Go online and have a book from any library in Montgomery County delivered to Narberth Library for pickup. Most requests take less than a week. A visit to Borders will run you $30 for a book and $5 for a mocha latte. Our library can deliver that same book for free.
- Big Trash Pickup - For one week in June, Narberthians empty their homes of inevitable clutter. While some of the discards are really trash, a lot of the goods are not. TV's, air conditioners, children's toys & bikes, furniture, and tools are all good quality and readily available for the taking. Plan ahead and stay in front of the professional scavengers to find the best stuff. Throughout the year, Narberth residents are active users of Freecycle and Craigslist to dispose of quality items. Tune in and score.
- Activities & Events - Skip the pricy dinner & movie. Free concerts in town and at the park are offered throughout the warmer months. Free movies are shown on most Friday nights during the warmer months. The parades and seasonal events are icing on the cake.
Do you know a great way for Narberthians to save money? Your comments are always welcome.